The top 5 tips for securing a job in Social Media – in partnership with e2i
If you’re looking for a job, your online profile is more important to you now than ever before, even more so if you are looking for a job within social media!
Social media now plays a role in finding, positioning and promoting yourself to your potential future employer. With strong competition from other applications social media offers a great way to find a job and stand out from the crowd.
In the age of Web 2.0 employers are now looking at how you interact and position yourselves within social media.
So how does having an online presentence can you successfully market yourself online and really stand out?
• Search within social media – Social media offers a great platform to find job openings, follow your top 10 ten preferred employers to see if they have any openings. Keep an eye on their LinkedIn company profile
• Network with the recruiter
• Have you got a LinkedIn profile? – Is your LinkedIn profile up to date? LinkedIn is probably the easiest place that employers can look you up and read further information about you. What message are you sending to your prospective new employer when they run a check on you?
• Join the conversation – Some employers even check out on your online profiles in Facebook, Twitter, Foursquare, blogs
• Personal vs. private – clean up your online presence – Do you know what’s people can see on your social media profiles, much should you share?
SMWF Asia have partnered with e2i (Employment and Employability Institute) this year to run 2 panel discussions centred around social media employment opportunities on 1 Sept at 12.30pm at the Social Media World Forum Asia.
The workshop will be looking into:
• HOW HAVING AN ONLINE PRESENCE CAN IMPACT YOUR EMPLOYMENT PROSPECTS
• HOW TO LAND YOUR DREAM JOB IN SOCIAL MEDIA
• CHAT WITH SOCIAL MEDIA EMPLOYERS
E2i will be holding 1-to-1 chat session with employers to explore your employment opportunities.
Do you have a social media job position available in Singapore?
E2i workshop will offer a great opportunity to meet prospective employees, keen to be involved in the world of social media. Don’t miss out on the chance to find the potential future stars for your business.
About e2i (Employment and Employability Institute)
As THE market-place for workers, employers and training providers, e2i exists to create better jobs and better lives for workers. In 2010, we helped 40,000 workers through providing better jobs, developing better skills through professional development, and improving productivity for companies.
An initiative of the National Trades Union Congress (NTUC), supported by the Workforce Development Agency (WDA), the Singapore Labour Foundation (SLF), and the Singapore National Employers’ Federation (SNEF), e2i serves all segments of workers, from rank and file to professionals, managers, executives and technicians.
For more information on e2i, please visit www.e2i.com.sg.
- Job search – Time to think again about social media (leavingthepublicsector.net)
- HOW TO: Optimize Your LinkedIn Profile for the Job Hunt (mashable.com)
- The rules of social recruiting (guardian.co.uk)