SQL Queries and Data Analytics 1-Day Workshop
SQL Queries 1-Day Course:
Provides the knowledge and skills needed to retrieve and analyse data held in a database.
Who Should Attend:
Anyone who needs to understand and use SQL to manipulate a database. There are no formal pre-requisites for this course, although an understanding of databases and exposure to information technology in general would be useful.
• Relational Database Concepts
What is a Relational Database?
Tables, Rows and Columns
Indexes, Primary Keys and Foreign Keys
The Data Dictionary
• SQL Language Essentials
The Select Statement
The Select and From Clauses
Conditions and the Where Clause
The Order By Clause
• Summarizing and Grouping Data
The Group By Clause
The Having Clause
• Querying Multiple Tables
Joining Tables with Inner Joins
Column Qualification and Table Aliases
Outer Joins, Self Joins, Alternative Join Syntax
• Additional SQL Features
The Union, Intersect and Minus Operators
• What can/can’t I bring to the event?
You can bring your own Laptop – let us know beforehand
You can bring your own data and examples – let us know beforehand
• Refreshments: Tees, coffees and light refreshments are included in the price
• Certificates: You will get attendance certificates
• Notes: Including query examples and exercises.
• After course support: 2-hours online revision session