First Steps To Coding: February Cohort 2017
‘Mums In Technology’ is pleased to bring to you the February Cohort: First Steps to Coding in Partnership with Ministry of Justice Digital and Technology.
Learn how to write basic code with Programme Partner: Ministry of Justice Digital and Technology – a skill that is becoming indispensable in the modern workplace – and build a solid understanding of the digital landscape through this comprehensive introductory course.
What topics are covered by the course?
– Technology and Applications In the Organisation
– The Product
– Building Blocks – HTML and CSS
– Programming – The Fun Way
– Spot The Difference – User Experience (UX) and Design
– Informal Formalities
– Making it Happen
Who should attend?
Attendance is open to all who would like to discover what it’s like to work in a ‘modern’ tech-heavy organisation.
These include and not limited to:
Mums on Maternity Leave
…. to name a few
What will I be able to do on completion?
– Discover what it’s like to work in a ‘modern’ tech-heavy organisation.
– Don’t feel left behind – gain the skills you need to be confident in a technical environment.
– Get a flavour of software engineering, user experience, product development and design.
– Build your own webpage using HTML and CSS.
– Learn the tools of the trade (Trello, JIRA, Github, Slack).
– Take home tips and tricks you help you apply your new skills.
– Find out whether coding is for you, and where you can go from here!